- Line a generous bowl with some fresh rocket.
- If you want some extra ‘crunch’, add some leaves of a Little Gem lettuce heart.
- Place in some halved waxy little new potatoes.
- Place in some plum tomatoes.
- Some chopped red onion.
- Some sliced cucumber.
- Some chopped all colour peppers.
- Some chopped mini corn.
- Some chopped chives.
- The flesh of half a fresh avocado.
- The contents of a tin of tuna. (I used No-Drain in olive oil)
- Add a few hard-boiled quails eggs (or chicken eggs cut into quarters).
- Sprinkle on some fat, Greek black olives to taste.
- Finally, place some whole, white anchovies – the ones the Spanish call boquerones. (These are totally different to the very salty, brown anchovies we usually get in a can.)
- Sprinkle with fresh basil leaves.
I then sprinkle with a nice, non-creamy salad dressing. I love Mellow Yellow personally but some simply use olive oil and a little balsamic vinegar.
This is a sumptuous meal – filling and utterly delicious. Please try it. You, and whoever you serve it to, will be delighted. 🙂